The Compassion You Deserve,
The Advocate You Need
  1. You Are Here: Home
  2.  » 
  3. Workers’ Compensation
  4.  » Work Accident FAQs

FAQs About Work Accidents

At Blount Law Firm, PLLC, we are committed to helping workers in Collierville and throughout Tennessee protect their rights after a work accident. Our firm has more than 70 years of experience helping injured workers navigate the workers’ compensation system in Tennessee, and we can help you, too.

Contact us for a free consultation where you can ask questions and discuss your case with a skilled injury attorney.

Frequently Asked Questions About Work Accidents And Compensation

Your injuries may result in temporary or permanent damage that makes it difficult to work. You have the right to seek compensation for your injuries and lost wages. To help you better understand the basics of workers’ compensation after a work accident, we have put together a list of frequently asked questions and our answers.

What should I do after being injured at work?

Seek medical attention right away to get a proper diagnosis. Then you need to report your injury to your supervisor within 15 days of the injury or within 15 days of when a doctor diagnoses your injury as work-related.

Can I get in trouble for reporting my work injury?

No. Employers cannot retaliate or fire an employee for reporting his or her injury.

What doctor can I see?

Your supervisor should provide a list of nearby physicians who provide treatment for workers’ compensation. You will be able to select your physician from this list and your treatment should be paid for by your employer. We can help you select the most appropriate physician for your injuries before you start getting treatment.

Can I get a second opinion for my injuries?

Yes, you have the right to get a second opinion for your injuries. However, this will not be covered by your employer.

What benefits can I receive?

You may be eligible to receive medical treatment for your injuries at no cost to you. The medical expenses would be covered by your employer. You may also be able to receive temporary disability benefits if your physician says you cannot work due to your injuries.

Temporary benefits will help cover lost wages while you cannot work. Temporary disability benefits are typically two-thirds of your average weekly wages. You may also be entitled to partial temporary benefits if your weekly earnings are reduced due to work restrictions because of your injury.

Do I need a lawyer?

An attorney can protect your rights and make sure your workers’ compensation claim is being handled properly from the start. An attorney can also help protect your right to receive medical care and address issues that may arise with your employer due to your injury.

Schedule A Free Consultation To Discuss Your Claim

A work accident impacts your life in many ways. We take your injuries seriously and will work hard to protect your right to receive fair compensation for your medical care and lost wages. Learn more about how we can help you through the workers’ compensation claims process by calling our Collierville office at 901-617-1196 or sending us an email.

We take workers’ compensation claims on a contingency basis, meaning we get paid only if we recover in your case.