Are You Getting Full Benefits Or Full Value For Your Settlement?
People on workers’ compensation commonly ask “What is my case worth?” It’s a complex question. Often, they are really questioning whether they are being treated fairly by the employer, the insurer and the workers’ comp doctors. Or they are considering cashing out their disability claim for a lump sum settlement.
The experienced lawyers of Blount Law Firm, PLLC, can address either scenario. We help injured workers secure their full and fair benefits under Tennessee workers’ comp. We also help clients with the big decision of settling the claim versus ongoing benefits.
We do know what your case is worth. And we are on your side. Arrange a free consultation at 901-617-1196.
How Much Is Your Workers’ Comp Case Worth?
Insurance companies actually do put a dollar value on specific injuries. But the full value of your case is a combination of many factors:
- The nature of your injury – What part of the body? Is it visible? How painful? Will you need surgery?
- The extent of your injury – Does it prevent you from working? Will you be permanently impaired or disfigured? You may be entitled to permanent disability benefits.
- Your occupation – Workers’ comp provides partial replacement of lost wages. If you have a higher-paying job, your claim is worth more (up to a maximum benefit).
- Medical care – Wage loss is not the only consideration. Have you reached maximum improvement or will you need ongoing medical treatment? Those future medical costs can be calculated.
- Settlement – Similar to taking the cash option for the state lottery, a lump sum settlement will probably be less money than if you opted to continue the monthly disability checks. It’s a trade-off.
- The insurer – Some insurance companies are tighter with the purse strings or use dirtier tactics to avoid paying what your claim is worth.
- Third-party liability – If a contractor, property owner, utility company or another party contributed to your work accident, you may have a personal injury lawsuit in addition to your workers’ comp claim.
- Your lawyer – Our skill and focused experience improves your chances of getting full benefits or maximum value for your settlement.
Blount Law Firm, PLLC, represents injured workers in many industries: hospitals and nursing homes, trucking and distribution, and other blue-collar occupations. We are familiar with the causes of workplace injury, from falls and machinery accidents to repetitive stress jobs and toxic exposures, and the injuries associated with each. We have a good idea of what your case is worth, and we will fight for you.
Talk To Us Today In A Free Consultation
We represent injured workers in Collierville, Germantown and throughout Shelby County. To arrange a free consultation, call 901-617-1196 or email us today. We work on a contingency fee, which means we get paid only if we recover compensation in your case.