Helping You Make The Right Choices When Working With Insurance Adjusters
While working with an insurance adjuster after an accident is a necessary step in the process of recovering damages to property and for injuries, it can also be an incredibly intimidating process, especially if you don’t know what to say or do. Whether you realize it or not, an adjuster is trying to get specific information out of you and if you’re not careful, you could say something to jeopardize your claim.
At Blount Law Firm, PLLC, we help accident victims all over the Collierville area and throughout Tennessee get the most out of their insurance claims by ensuring that they are taking the right steps and saying the right things to insurance adjusters during the claims process. Our legal counsel and guidance are backed by more than 70 years of experience, meaning you’re in the company of trusted attorneys who know how to do things right the first time around.
Avoiding The Trap — What Not To Say To An Adjuster
The things you say to an adjuster after an accident, whether it’s a car crash or another personal injury accident, can have a major impact on whether you receive the compensation you need and deserve or a lowball offer based on misunderstandings by the adjuster. When working with insurance adjusters:
- Don’t admit any wrongdoing. While being honest is important, insurance adjusters will look for any red flags, such as negligent behavior, that could get them out of paying on a policy.
- Don’t provide too much information. This can lead to misunderstandings or enable an adjuster to draw the wrong conclusion about your situation and need for compensation.
- Don’t disclose unrelated injuries or conditions. An adjuster may erroneously conclude that a past injury is the reason for your new injuries, thus giving him or her reason to deny your claim.
- Don’t make assumptions about your injuries. Get an expert medical opinion about your injuries so you have a better idea of how much compensation you will need to cover all of your expenses.
- Don’t accept the first settlement offer. Insurance companies are looking out for their bottom line, which may not align with your best interests. As such, the first offer may not cover all your needs, such as lost wages, future medical expenses and pain and suffering.
The Importance Of Working With Lawyers Who Care
At Blount Law Firm, PLLC, we’re known for providing our clients with the personal care and attention they need to feel confident that they are taking the right steps after an accident and handling matters correctly with the insurance company. We can help you:
- Review and understand the terms of your policy
- Understand what insurance policies apply in your case
- Ensure that all insurance policies that can apply do apply
- Make sure your settlement offer is fair and compensates you adequately
- Negotiate with the insurance company if an offer does not meet your needs
- Deal with denied or delayed claims
- Fight back against insurance bad faith
Get Sound Counsel And Guidance Today
Working with insurers can be a challenge, especially if they push back. Adjusters will look for any red flags that would indicate you shouldn’t get compensation. You need an attorney to carefully review your case and policy as well as explain your rights and the things you should say so as not to jeopardize your claim moving forward. The lawyers at Blount Law Firm, PLLC, can do this and have been doing so for generations.
If you would like to meet with a skilled lawyer at our firm to discuss your case or learn more about your legal options, call our Collierville office at (901) 529-9377 or contact us online. We provide free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not pay legal fees unless we are successful helping you recover compensation.