What To Do After A Motor Vehicle Accident
Confusion after an accident is common. At Blount Law Firm, PLLC, we have been helping people after accidents in Collierville and the Mid-South for over 70 years. We have insight into the personal injury world and offer personalized support to clients injured in a wide range of accidents.
What To Do After An Accident
The decisions you make after an accident can alter the entire claims and legal processes. Following the appropriate steps after an accident can help you avoid unnecessary expenses and help improve your chances of recovering compensation for your losses.
Steps to take if you have been injured in an accident:
- Limit conversations with those involved — Do not accept or place blame.
- Offer your insurance information and copy their information.
- Call the police, even if the accident is minor — Having a police report and documented evidence strengthens your case.
- Seek medical attention even if no obvious injuries occur — Some injuries do not present themselves immediately. Go to the hospital to make sure any injuries are properly evaluated.
- If possible, consult an attorney even before being examined by a doctor — Our advice could make a huge difference in the medical billing and repayment process.
- Collect all available evidence as quickly as possible — Our experienced staff will handle the collection of evidence on your behalf, preserving information vital to your case.
- Do not speak to the insurance companies alone — Despite popular belief, insurance companies are not on your side; they are interested only in minimizing payments. Understand what to say and what not to say to adjusters by talking to a lawyer first.
Following these steps and contacting us right away can help strengthen your negotiating position with the insurance companies. This also helps with your claim for maximum compensation to cover your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Contact Us After An Accident
Injuries can occur from all types of accidents, even minor crashes. Do not wait to contact us to protect your rights and to find the appropriate medical care. Schedule your free consultation with us by calling (901) 529-9377 or send us an email.
We take cases on a contingent basis, meaning we get paid only if we win your claim. There is no risk to meet with us so contact us right away if you’ve been injured in an accident.