Helping Victims Of Ridesharing Accidents Get The Compensation They Need
Uber and Lyft drivers use their cars for both personal and commercial purposes, which can make it difficult to identify whose insurance is supposed to cover damages in an accident. At Blount Law Firm, PLLC, we handle a variety of accident cases, including those involving ridesharing drivers. We know how to seek fair compensation under the right insurance policy.
For more than 70 years, the attorneys at Blount Law Firm, PLLC, have been helping accident victims to understand their rights and legal options after an accident. By providing compassionate counsel and strong advocacy, we have recovered maximum compensation for generations of victims and families in the Mid-South.
What Are The Ridesharing Insurance Laws In Tennessee?
To better protect accident victims who suffer injuries because of a negligent Uber, Lyft or other ridesharing driver, Tennessee enacted laws that require ridesharing companies and their drivers to operate under the follow insurance regulations:
- Ridesharing drivers must purchase and maintain primary insurance coverage that identifies them as Transportation Network Company (TNV) drivers.
- Drivers are required to carry proof of insurance at all times.
- Drivers who are logged onto the ridesharing app, but have not connected with a rider are required to carry liability insurance of at least 50/100/25 ($50,000 in bodily injury coverage per person, $100,000 bodily injury coverage per accident and $25,000 for property damage).
- After a driver has connected with a rider, the driver is required to carry a minimum of $1 million in primary coverage for property damage, bodily injury and death.
- Ridesharing companies are required to provide coverage in case a driver is uninsured and gets into a crash.
We Can Walk You Through The Complexities Of Your Claim
While Uber and Lyft accidents are no different from other motor vehicle accidents, the application of car insurance policies can differ depending on whether the driver was intoxicated, careless, reckless or distracted while driving at the time of the crash. Further complicating matters are instances where the insurance company blames the victim for the crash, denies a legitimate claim, delays compensation or takes other bad faith actions to limit the compensation a victim receives.
At Blount Law Firm, PLLC, we tenaciously go toe to toe with ridesharing and insurance companies to help our clients secure maximum compensation after a crash. We can help you review all insurance policies to determine which ones apply and the level of compensation you should receive. We won’t let you settle for anything less than what you need and deserve.
Questions about what to do after an accident? Check out our Car Accident FAQs page to get answers to common after-accident questions.
Need Help? We’re Here For You.
Our lawyers are known for standing their ground and putting up a big fight on behalf of accident victims throughout the Mid-South. You can trust us to show you the same level of passion, drive and commitment to results when we handle your case from beginning to end.
Arrange a free consultation with an experienced legal advocate today and learn more about how we can help you. Contact us online or call (901) 529-9377. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay legal fees only if we secure compensation for your injuries.