What To Do After A Work Accident
Blount Law Firm, PLLC, is a family-owned law firm known for helping victims understand and protect their rights. Our attorney, James E. Blount, is committed to finding the best road to recovery for you.
Contact us for a free consultation where you can ask questions and discuss your case with a skilled injury attorney.
Steps To Take After A Workplace Accident
Do you know what to do after being injured in a work accident? Many workers do not, which is why we have put together a list of steps to take after an accident at work.
Follow these steps if you have been injured on the job:
- Inform your employer about your accident and injury. It is best to do this in writing if possible.
- Contact an attorney to discuss your rights and options to receive compensation.
- Find a doctor to get appropriate medical treatment. We can help you select the best doctor available for your care.
- Follow your doctor’s orders. This includes not arguing with your doctor and maintaining a good relationship with him or her throughout your care.
- Work with your attorney to file a workers’ compensation claim.
As your lawyers, we will advocate for you throughout this process. We know life is difficult after an injury. We will fight for you so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
We understand the workers’ compensation process and the steps we must take to protect your rights immediately after your accident. As soon as you hire us, we will help you understand your rights and what to expect during this process and answer your questions.
Contact Us After An Accident
Our firm has more than 70 years of experience advocating for the injured and throughout Shelby County and surrounding areas. Let us help you learn about your options and protect your right to receive compensation.