What to Do After an Accident
Making the Right Decisions After an Accident
Being injured in an accident can be a painful and frightening experience. Whether you have been injured in a car accident, a workplace accident or through the negligent actions of another party, it is important to make the right decisions following your accident. By taking several key steps immediately after your accident, you may be able to avoid unnecessary expense, and improve your chances of recovering compensation for your losses.
At the Blount Law Firm, PLLC, we understand the confusion often associated with accident injuries. We also understand how important it is to take certain steps following an accident. As a family owned law firm, we have been helping people in the mid-south for over 70 years. We have insight into the personal injury world and offer personalized support to clients injured in a wide range of accidents.
If you have been injured in an accident:
- Limit conversations with those involved – do not accept or place blame.
- Offer your insurance information and copy their information.
- Call the police, even if the accident is minor – having a police report and documented evidence strengthens your case.
- Seek medical attention even if no obvious injuries occur – some injuries do not present themselves immediately.
- If possible, consult an attorney even before being examined by a doctor – our advice could make a huge difference in the medical billing and repayment process.
- Collect all available evidence as quickly as possible – our experienced staff will handle the collection of evidence on your behalf, preserving information vital to your case.
- Do not speak to the insurance companies alone – despite popular belief, insurance companies are not on your side, they are only interested in minimizing payments.
By following these steps, or contacting our firm immediately after your injury, you dramatically strengthen your negotiating position with the insurance companies, in turn improving your chances of obtaining compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
Contact Our Office to Schedule a Free Consultation
In a perfect world, accidents would never result in injuries. Unfortunately, injuries often occur from even the most minor accidents, and can lead to a great deal of pain and financial hardship. If you have been injured in an accident that resulted from another party’s negligence, it is important to understand your rights for seeking compensation.